Monday, October 11, 2010

Clifford's Busy Week


Title: Clifford’s Busy Week
Author: Norman Bridwell
Genre: Children’s Picture Book
Age: Lower Elementary, beginners
Rating: 3 stars

            This book is especially helpful for students learning the days of the week.  Each page goes through the various days of the week, and a location that Clifford went in search of his toy mouse.  The pictures greatly enhance the story, as you can see Clifford’s emotion in his face, and get a better idea of the setting’s details.  Although it is not the best quality literature I have read, I do think it is beneficial for beginning readers to have stories such as this, with short sentences that can correlate with something they are also learning (i.e. days of the week).  For this reason, I would use this in my future classroom if I were teaching kindergarteners, and would also use it with my own future children in their beginning stages of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment